News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lt. Frederick Parslow V. C. R.N.R.

Lt. Parslow was in command of the HM Horse Transport Anglo-Californian on July 4, 1915 when the ship was attacked by a German Submarine on the surface. The sub scored several hits and Lt. Parlsow was about to abandon the ship in order to save lives and then recieved radio messages to hold on. There were two British destroyers on the way to help. Lt. Parslow got the ship under way and was then heavly attacked by the sub. Lt. Parslow was on the bridge and was killed by the shelling. The ship and the valuable cargo of horses were saved by his actions. Lt. Parslow's son was also serving on the ship and was later in commanded a ship that was lost with no trace.

Lt. Parslow was one of the first RNR officers to recieve the VC.

The medal is in the original case and the shipping or carrying case and in excellant condition.

Years ago it was my intent to collect the top valor award for every country that was in WWI and WWII and this medal fit into that catagory. The mistake I made was passing on several other VC's that were offered to me at that time.

The back is engraved to Lt. Parslow and I have spoken to the gentleman who originally took the medal in at Spinks for auction, long before I purchased it and I confirmed the marking on it to identify the medal as the original one issued to Lt. Parslow.

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Can you show the naming please.

Sorry for the late reply I have been traveling and busy with my business. I am some what leery of posting the engraving as I have been advised by many people that it may be in my best interest not to make the engraving public. it is nothing personal just something that I have to decided on.

I have not shown the cross to many collectors, but still I have been offered considerable sums from various European dealers for it but it is still part of my collection and presently not for sale.

Regards

Jim T