News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

First impressions are that it looks quite good but on closer inspection there are a couple of things that look odd - certainly different to known originals I have on file.

Firstly, if you draw an imaginary line along the edge of the arm of a Deschler cross, it should just touch the top of the oakleaf as shown here.

First impressions are that it looks quite good but on closer inspection there are a couple of things that look odd - certainly different to known originals I have on file.

Firstly, if you draw an imaginary line along the edge of the arm of a Deschler cross, it should just touch the top of the oakleaf as shown here.

I see what you mean! If you take a look at Weitze?s cross (see below). That got the same line or do I see wrong?

/Peter

Peter,

The alignment of the leaf with the edge of the arm was probably a bad example to use as its a matter of degree - it doesn't align exactly and a lot will depend, with photos, if the shot was taken exactly perpendicular.it just that many fakes have the tip of the leaf far further around the wreath in relation to the edge of the arm, but photos can be very deceiving in this respect, the latest one you posted looks almost in line with the edge.

The piece offered by Helmut Weitze is a good original one.

Far more telling is the shape of the leaves themselves. Compare these three images of 100% original Deschler pieces, one of them a rare example of an RK in Gold. Look at the points on the leaves compared with the one you posted. The tip of the leaf on originals is flattened,(this isn't anything to do with wear, its a die characteristic common to all originals) on the one you posted it is fully rounded. The lowest point on the leaf on originals is distinctly pointed - again rounded on yours.

The devil is in the detail, and although at first glance the one you posted looks quite nice there are many small detail differences when compared with originals. It's not one I'd want to own.

Peter,

The alignment of the leaf with the edge of the arm was probably a bad example to use as its a matter of degree - it doesn't align exactly and a lot will depend, with photos, if the shot was taken exactly perpendicular.it just that many fakes have the tip of the leaf far further around the wreath in relation to the edge of the arm, but photos can be very deceiving in this respect, the latest one you posted looks almost in line with the edge.

The piece offered by Helmut Weitze is a good original one.

Far more telling is the shape of the leaves themselves. Compare these three images of 100% original Deschler pieces, one of them a rare example of an RK in Gold. Look at the points on the leaves compared with the one you posted. The tip of the leaf on originals is flattened,(this isn't anything to do with wear, its a die characteristic common to all originals) on the one you posted it is fully rounded. The lowest point on the leaf on originals is distinctly pointed - again rounded on yours.

The devil is in the detail, and although at first glance the one you posted looks quite nice there are many small detail differences when compared with originals. It's not one I'd want to own.

ok...many thanks mr Williamson!

I?ve notified the owner and he in turn will return the cross to the fisrt seller!

This was not easy for a happy amateur like me!

Thanks again!

/peter

Edited by Peter1975