News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

E.K. I Class with 900 stamp.

Hallo Gents, :cheers:

while I have 33 EK 2 on various spanges, and singles in my collection, I have yet to venture into the First Class area.

I have been offered this one by a dealer in Kempten where I am visiting, he had no objection to me taking pictures so I could get an opinion of the piece, it is marked on the pin "900".

Rear picture to be attached on the following post, please excuse the size as I am using another persons computer and have failed miserably at resizing!! :blush:

Kevin in Deva (in Kempten Allgau.) :beer:

Hello

Looks a a quite common slightly vaulted, three piece original to me. I have a similar one marked '800' on the pin, and if you search the forums you find quite a few like these. I would agree the core looks re-painted.

Look at the 3 O' clock arm, bottom far right side. You can just see a solder join where the two frames meet. Also, on the bottom left side of the 6 O' clock you can see the two frames are marginally out of line - showing it is a three piece.

In my opinion, a nice original cross with a (probably) repainted core. :beer:

Edited by DavidM

The reason I ask about 1 piece is there appears to be no gap between the beading and the core. The shiney appearance at the highlited areas suggests one piece. However, the re-paint could be that thick that it filled up this gap?

Edited by Darrell

Hello

I have seen this on other repainted EKs, Imperial and Third Reich, in that the when repainted it fills up the gap between rim and core, leaving it looking as if it is all one piece. You also get the same appearance on the very late production three piece 57 EKs, where the cores were painted after the EK was put together.

From the areas I described I'm pretty certain this one is a three piece.

Edited by DavidM

Dear Gentlemen, :cheers:

many thanks for your kind comments and suggestions with regards this item,

I have waited a while and think the suggestion to wait and seek a really nice piece,

is good advice good advice.

Again my thanks. :beer:

Kevin in Deva (momentaraly in Kempten Allgau) :lol: