News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Another Herr Flak badge

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I note no one is rushing in on this one and I can only guess why but I thought I would throw my two pence in for what its worth... (two pence I guess).

I belong to the side of badge collecting that feels very strongly that too much paranoia is going around the collecting community at the moment and many good badges are getting binned by persons who suffer greatly from this problem or persons who have no idea at all but like to make a name for themselves and repeat what somebody else said. Now..... having said that I would like to think this badge is genuine and if it is its a real nice badge but I see things I dont like in it. Do you have this badge at the moment? I would like to see the edges of the badge because I have yet to see a fake Heer flak badge that has not been cast. So if you have it check the edges for signs of bad molding and check the dimensions against the dimensions of known examples. I dont go much on wieght but that is just me. If you are thinking about purchasing it from where ever then obtain a return if not satisfied guarantee and take a risk.

Well thats my two pence worth. Sorry I cant be more helpful.

Phil

Hi,

I note no one is rushing in on this one and I can only guess why but I thought I would throw my two pence in for what its worth... (two pence I guess).

I belong to the side of badge collecting that feels very strongly that too much paranoia is going around the collecting community at the moment and many good badges are getting binned by persons who suffer greatly from this problem or persons who have no idea at all but like to make a name for themselves and repeat what somebody else said. Now..... having said that I would like to think this badge is genuine and if it is its a real nice badge but I see things I dont like in it. Do you have this badge at the moment? I would like to see the edges of the badge because I have yet to see a fake Heer flak badge that has not been cast. So if you have it check the edges for signs of bad molding and check the dimensions against the dimensions of known examples. I dont go much on wieght but that is just me. If you are thinking about purchasing it from where ever then obtain a return if not satisfied guarantee and take a risk.

Well thats my two pence worth. Sorry I cant be more helpful.

Phil

Hi Phil,

Thank you for your two pence! I could not agree more. I historically have always been a visor cap/tunic collector and only dabbled in badges to dress my tunics. It is certinly a field in itself as you mentioned. No I do not currently have this badge.

Thank you & Cheers!

Vince :cheers: