News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I almost hate to ask this question on my recent trade...yes some of you have seen the bar before and I admit that it took me some time to commit to this one. But it fits into me Hessen and Red Eagle 3rd class collection...

"Just in from Ger..." will say Great Britain

You guys are so much faster in identifying....

Edited by medalnet

• 4 weeks later...

Well. THAT would have saved several of us many hours of wasted time. :banger:

Here may be another clue to the identity of the recipient. Obviously he also received the officer cross fo the Phillip order.

Edited by medalnet

Guest Rick Research

This one has proven to be a peculiarly, unexpected tough one to find-- especially given the extremely low numbers of the crowned-Phillip.

MAJOR problems exist with the Hessian list of recipients-- ranks and rank status wrong (several are with much later ranks than they held at time of award--randomly), there are errors with names, and VERY frustratingly--the List quite often gets the CLASS Philippsorden WRONG :banger: ....

aaaaaagh.

ALL of our concentration has been on 1914-18 combinations.

He must have ended up as a "Hessian" from the strange mounting precedence, and a Colonel-or so. Too young for 1870/71... NOT on active duty in 1914.

After that...

This one simply falls through the cracks in what we've all been been working so hard on for many, many years.