News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This little treasure came to me just yesterday. Any ideas on it?

Well, this is what I actually wanted to post until I had the bar in hands and saw its backing. The combination seemed to be a high officer's 2nd row - at least to me - with his Prussians in a upper row. But the backing, just ... :mad:

:shame:

Guest Rick Research

Is that Feldgrau-painted metal backing, or coppery-colored finish on steel?

If it is Feldgrau, you can be sure that the first two ribbons have not been moved, because it is impossible to bend and rebend those without snapping.

Don't ask me how I know that. :rolleyes: "Science" has many set-backs in the pursuit of knowledge. :catjava:

So... a parts bar. :(

• 3 weeks later...

May I get some more opinions, please? I don't want to keep a put together in my collection, but I don't want to destroy a bar that might be good ... :speechless:

Here's the next bar, with the same problem. I think this were the last two ribbon bars I bought for some weeks. :mad:

PS:

I HATE THESE BACKS. :angry:

Guest Rick Research

Impossible to say, with steel or aluminum tabbies. An Austro-Hungarian Order of the iron Crown seems VERY odd indeed alone and device-less with a Hessian pair, but who can say?

That's what a small box for Strange And/Or Dubious Things is for. :rolleyes:

We all have one. :catjava:

I have seen at least one "stupidly impossible" medal bar turn up in an original period photo several years later being worn by the original recipient. :speechless1:

Impossible to say, with steel or aluminum tabbies.

But two are Messing, one is steel or whatever. May it though be okay?! I thought this was a quite sure sign for a baaaaad one ... :shame:

I have seen at least one "stupidly impossible" medal bar turn up in an original period photo several years later being worn by the original recipient. :speechless1:

I showed one like this, maybe you mean that one ... there are many, but ... hmm ... even much more crap around. :(