News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Another mini group for attribution

This one looks to be all military -- a Wurttemberg Aviator?

1. Iron Cross 1914

2. Hohenzollern House Order, with swords

3. Wurttemberg MIlitary Merit Order

4. Bavaria Military Merit Order, fourth class, with swords

5. Saxony Albert Order, with swords

6. Wurttemberg Friedrich Order, with swords

7. Oldenburg Merit Order of Duke Peter Friedrich Ludwig, with swords

8. Hindenburg Cross, with swords

9. Wurttemberg Service Decoration, with "W" cypher

10. Vatican. Lateran Cross

On a Godet chain.

Edited by JBFloyd

Guest Rick Research

Aha! The EASY bit was the Oldenburg House Order, Knight-- only awarded to ONE W?rttemberger--

Heinrich H?ne

born 26 August 1876 in Osnabr?ck

died 1941 (ask Daniel Krause-- all W?rttemberg award data and death date is from his amazing ongoing work :cheers: )

Entered W?rttemberg army as artillery Fahnenjunker 25.3.95

Leutnant 18.8.96 F13f (in 1902, God knows why, attached as KW Lt to FAR 62-- his ? "Oldenburg connection" ?)

Oberleutnant 27.1.09

Hauptmann 27.1.12 R6r in 1913 Adjutant 27th Feldart Brigade with uniform of KW FAR 49, CO 3./FAR 49 in 1914

Major 22.3.18 Y3y

Reichsheer Oberstleutnant aD (by 1923)

WM3 replacing WF3aX on 30.8.15 as Hauptmann in KW FAR 29

WF3aX on 1.11.14 as Hptm KW FAR 29 replaced by above and then RE-AWARDED 16.8.17 same rank and unit

HOH3X gazetted in MWB 15.11.7 and in WPN on 31.12.17 (for indication of gazette delays)

BMV4X awarded 5.2.16 (peacetime unit "security" publication in the BPN) and gazetted in the WPN 10.3.16

SA3aX awarded 19.6.16 as KW Hptm RFAR 54, gazetted WPN 13.7.16

Oldenburg House Order-Knight 2nd XmKr 31.18 as KW Hptm, Adjutant GenKdo XIII. Armeekorps, gazetted in WPN 16.3.18.

This is the first indication I've ever been able to ATTRIBUTE where a WW1 Oldenburg House Order in a Knight's Grade went to somebody who did NOT repeat NOT have the Friedrich August Crosses. :beer:

:love::love::love: chain!

MWB = Prussian Milit?r Wochenblatt (gazette dates, not award dates)

BPN = Bavarian Personal Nachrichten (gazette, but states exact award dates-- units either peacetime or generic)

WPN = W?rttemberg Personal Nachrichten (gazette dates, not award dates)

Guest Rick Research

Wups--typo! :blush: Thanks for fixing that! :cheers:

Do you know if any other non-natives got the Order during the war WITHOUT Friedrich August Crosses? I take it as a given that any native Oldenburger already had both classes by the time he received a Prussian Hohenzollern 3X-- the requirement for getting the Oldenburg House Order with X?

In 1917, June 18th it was declared:

To get the Oldenburg House Order with swords presumes the posession of the EK I. and a Prussian House Order with swords (normally the Hohenzollern) or the decoration with the Pour le m?rite.

I don?t know any other person, decorated with an Oldenburg House Order with swords, but not with a FA Cross 1. and 2. class. Until June 1917 for military merit there were only FA Crosses awarded.

Regards

Kapitular

Wups--typo! :blush: Thanks for fixing that! :cheers:

Do you know if any other non-natives got the Order during the war WITHOUT Friedrich August Crosses? I take it as a given that any native Oldenburger already had both classes by the time he received a Prussian Hohenzollern 3X-- the requirement for getting the Oldenburg House Order with X?

Guest Rick Research

No Hannoverian awards for WW1. :rolleyes:

He was NOT an Oldenburg native, which makes his House Order quite surprising indeed. Why HIM, and him alone out of tens of thousands of OTHER HQ staff types?

I think, it?s very clear. The attachment as KW Lt. to the Oldenburg FAR 62, that means, connections to Oldenburg for nearly 16 years, that?s the reason, he got the Oldenburg House Order.

By the way, born in Osnabr?ck, he was a native of Prussia. The kingdom Hannover ended already in 1866.

Best regards

Kapitular

No Hannoverian awards for WW1. :rolleyes:

He was NOT an Oldenburg native, which makes his House Order quite surprising indeed. Why HIM, and him alone out of tens of thousands of OTHER HQ staff types?