Capitaine Georges Lautier, Arm?e de l'Air Service History?

rathbonemuseum

I am looking for any details of service history for Capitaine Georges Lautier whose tunic and cap I have in my collection. His tunic is named and dated for 1939 as a Capitaine. He wears three awards including the Legion d'Honneur (chevalier), Croix de Guerre (WWI) and what appears to be the US Distinguished Service Cross (??!!). If you can help, please comment. I have no rosters for the Arm?e de l'Air.

LautierTunic.jpg

LautierNametag.jpg

LautierAwards.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

From the 'Annuaire national des officiers de r?serve 1931-1932" :

LAUTIER (G. E. M.) lieutenant Arm?e de l'Air, , 42 rue de l'Abb? de l'Ep?e ? Marseille.

So it was an officer of the Reserve and it's hard to get more if you have not his personnal military papers.

Best regards from Paris

Dear Rodion,

Thank you for solving this mystery. So he was a real man. How do I go about finding about his service? Are there online archives I can search? Are the reserves more private than active duty or career personnel? I would like to continue but do not know how. Do you have a service number for this man? Does that help?

Cheers,

Tod