News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Nut Harkat Mais/May1941 Revolt Huguenin Advertisement

Guest IMHF

Nut al Harkat Mais/May1941 Revolt Huguenin (Le Loche) Advertisement

This here is an advertisement of Nut Harkat Mais/Medal for the May 1941 Revolt:

Printed by: Huguenin (Le Loche)

Guest Rick Research

Is that what caused the short-lived German landings that MIGHT have opened a "second front" on the Suez canal? I know only that the Germans came-- and went-- in 1941, with some sort of collateral action in Vichy-Syria.

I will get back to on it, I know that the Suez Canal is a very important water way to move ships for the success for Victory for the Germans. I think it was because of the British Naval domination of the Mediterranean???? Iraq signed the armistice and became part of the Allied effort to destroy the Axis of Evil.

Thank you

God Bless

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

The rebellion was more nationalist and anti-British (the Iraqis have never much liked foreign occupation forces or the puppet governments they tend to set up, rather like the Afghans) than pro-Axis, but it forced the British to send more troops into Iraq (at the same time they were having to partition Iran with the Soviets and occupy their piece of the country, though they called in the US to help there).

Ed

Thank you for your information: you are a great help in receving information on the Middle East.

In your online book you wrote that:

While there is no maker's marks, it is believed these medals were manufactured by Huguenin.

Above is your proof of the Manufacturer:

Edited by IMHF

Ed

Thank you for your information: you are a great help in receving information on the Middle East.

In your online book you wrote that:

While there is no maker's marks, it is believed these medals were manufactured by Huguenin.

Above is your proof of the Manufactuer:

Thanks for this. I have since confirmed the manufacturer, but due to attacks on the site by 'patriots' after 9-11 and profligate theft of what I had put up (and subsequent republication by the thief without reference in JOMSA), I have quite intentionally NOT updated what I have online.

The rebellion was more nationalist and anti-British (the Iraqis have never much liked foreign occupation forces or the puppet governments they tend to set up, rather like the Afghans) than pro-Axis, but it forced the British to send more troops into Iraq (at the same time they were having to partition Iran with the Soviets and occupy their piece of the country, though they called in the US to help there).

The Russian campaign, played a big part in the falure of Germans in the Middle East holding the Channel from Syria so Hitler went east ward to march against Stalin.

Ed

Sorry this was for Rick's Reply:

Thank you

Merry Christmas

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF