News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lt Roy S Fujii

Paul L Murphy

Hi folks,

One of the items in my collection is a WWII period US officer's visor cap which is named on the inside to a "Lt Roy S Fujii, Ft Snelling". Is there any way of finding out more about who he was ? The name suggests he was a Nisei and I would love to be able to put some detail behind the man.

Cheers in advance,

Paul

Guest Rick Research

Roy Fujii was born 17 May 1925

died January 1980 Gardena (Los Angeles county), California 90247

Social Security number 568-46-4363 issued in California

This must be your man.

Perhaps some skilled googling will now turn up an obituary that will advance more details.

Paul

Hello, I was wondering if you could post pictures of the officers visor cap on the GMIC: for others to share

Thank you

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

The cap is in Ireland at the moment but I will be bringing it to London in Feb so I will post pictures after then.

Cheers,

Paul

Paul

Sounds good can't wait to see it, take a look at this Iraqi Cap:

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Hi folks,

One of the items in my collection is a WWII period US officer's visor cap which is named on the inside to a "Lt Roy S Fujii, Ft Snelling". Is there any way of finding out more about who he was ? The name suggests he was a Nisei and I would love to be able to put some detail behind the man.

Cheers in advance,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Maybe this is your guy?

Fujii, Roy Satoshi; Military Intelligence Service; XIV Corps-165th Language Detachment- Bougainville

Army service number: 38085465

Regards Eddie.

Rick

That would be awesome if it is: Where do you go to find names of WWII Vets? I would like to find out some information on some engraved medals I have.

Thank You

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

Guest Rick Research

I have NO idea where Eddie found actual wartime assignment/serial numbers. :jumping::jumping::jumping:

I just looked in the Social Security Death Index (comes up on left side if you click "Advanced Search" under the blanks for a name search on this page at the LDS genealogy site:

http://www.familysearch.org/

Of course, it only works for DEAD people who had a Social Security claim start or end with them (usually means there was a widow, if it's a guy) and our idiot gubamint has never included middle names/initials! :speechless:

Such a pity these photos are not named, i'm pretty sure Roy Fujii would be amonst them somewhere.

Check the link it has some interesting photos.

The MISLS was located at Fort Snelling from the spring of 1944 till June 1946. It was then moved from Fort Snelling to the Presidio of Monterey, California, and was renamed the U.S. Army Language School.

http://misvets.org/gallery.htm

Regards Eddie.

Rick

That would be awesome if it is: Where do you go to find names of WWII Vets? I would like to find out some information on some engraved medals I have.

Thank You

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Hi Lorenzo,

A fellow Tankie none the less :D

This is what I followed up to get the info, Hoping of course that it is the right man.

http://www.idreamof.com/military/ww2/f_surnames.htm

Then I checked the PDF file of the Military Intelligence Service Language School Registry 1941-46 which is where his army sevice number was listed.

Regards Eddie.

Genltemen,

Many thanks to you all, I suspect you must have pinned him down for me. I am in Japan for New Year but will be traveling to Ireland in early Feb and promise to bring the hat back and post a photo after that. I suppose the next step is to find out more about the unit and what they did (I guess counter intelligence against Japan would be high on the list given the fact that Fujii was obviously a Japanese American !

:cheers:

Paul