News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Sorry, i don't like it. the ribbons look very fresh, the backside has this grey backing like the dozens of newmade bars that appear frequently on ebay. Mostly a mix from austrian and german decoration with sometimes a little bit of exotic touch (japan, siam, spain, etc.)

just my two cents

haynau

Guest Rick Research

It is an ODD combination indeed-- an Austrian bravery medal, but a war effort only from Germany? The long service before the Hindenburg is not too much of a problem-- that was standard IMPERIAL precedence and will still show up in 1934/35 bars.

I think the source may be significant here. I don't "do" ebay anymore, but the Usual Suspects are well known to those of you who spend time hunting there, so perhaps where it came from may matter.

It is certainly true that the perfectly good old original (but uncommon in the period) "flat bottom" style is the choice for today's mass produced bad bars.

Have you black lighted the ribbons?

It is an ODD combination indeed-- an Austrian bravery medal, but a war effort only from Germany? The long service before the Hindenburg is not too much of a problem-- that was standard IMPERIAL precedence and will still show up in 1934/35 bars.

I think the source may be significant here. I don't "do" ebay anymore, but the Usual Suspects are well known to those of you who spend time hunting there, so perhaps where it came from may matter.

It is certainly true that the perfectly good old original (but uncommon in the period) "flat bottom" style is the choice for today's mass produced bad bars.

Have you black lighted the ribbons?

Sorry, its a new year tease :rolleyes: its a copy, found it a junk shop in somerset, these are now being made in the UK, with part old and part new ribbons, will try to find out by who , caveat emptor for the new year