News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Law 24 year 1937 Medal of Flight "doucument"

Guest IMHF

Law 24 year 1937 Medal of Flight

This doucument for an Iraqi Order needs translation for others to share: Does any one have the medal to show what this doucument discribes.

Thank you for your help

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Lorenzo,

From my JOMSA article:

Instituted by Law No. 24 of 1937 this medal was awarded to officers who rendered valuable service to the Royal Air Force and who distinguished themselves other than service rendered during active service. The medal consists of a 3cm diameter seven-pointed silver star of seven rays. Superimposed on the star two 5cm golden eagle wings and in the centre a 1 cm equilateral sky blue triangle. The triangle bears the three Qufic style Arabic letters being the acronym Royal Air Force. At the base of the triangle two 15mm palm leaves in black. These palm leaves intersect at the base and their tips join to the wings. Above the wings and supported on the uppermost point of the star a golden crown. The reverse of the medal bears the inscription in Thuluth Arabic ?Ghazi I King of Iraq?. Under this inscription the name and rank of the officer to whom the medal was awarded is noted together with the Hijra and Christian institution dates of the medal. The medal is suspended from an azure blue ribbon 3cms wide. Subsequent awards of the medal are noted by a 5mm golden clasps engraved with the name and date of awards.

Hope this helps and no I have yet to see an example of this award - must be like rocking horse manure.......!

Happy new year!

Owain

Owain

Thank you so much my awesome friend with all of your great information: You are a great help for me in collecting Iraqi ODM

SSG Luna,Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF