News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

E-Boat Medal,good or bad?

Hello, I'm a new member on the forum and I need your opinions on a few items that I have in my collection. Let me start off with this E-Boat medal. I'm almost certain that it's bogus but I'm not enough of an authority to really know for sure. I'd appreciate it if you would take a look and let me know what you think.I'll be posting up more suspect items as time permits. Thank you all for your help.......Brooks

Edited by Brooks

Thanks for your expertise Gordon. I appreciate it. I am, as I said, just looking to confirm the fact that it was bad. I never hurts to ask. Thanks again for your time, Brooks

• 1 month later...

It's actually SBW, which stands for Sean Barry Weske, who produced cast copies of Third Reich badges and medals - and other things - in vast numbers in the 1970s and 1980s. They were considered very good for what they were and never pretended to be other than copies, although some flea market traders certainly gulled people with them.

PK

Thank you. Very enlightening. A friend brought this back from Poland about two years ago. It was a freebe so I'm not to concerned about it. I've always had my doubts about it being an original however.Thanks again. It's always nice to have an "expert" opinion. Brooks