News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A quick ribbon bar question

In reading the ribbon bar article two things jumped out at me:

1. Was it permitted to wear three flower wars campaign medals on a bar ( I have seen Himmlers' bar and he's got thm all, but never anywhere else have i seen all three-except on fake bars)-

and

2. What are the LAH specifics (for those with SS long service) that allow us to know that the wearer was a member of the LAH and not just like everyone else?

Edited by Ulsterman

Guest Rick Research

The Wehrmacht had an arbitrary no-more-than-two rule. So

1) Yes--except for the above (and I've seen exceptions where the wearer was, say, a civil servant called up for wartime military duty who had not EARNED them in the military)

2) It is not just the Flower Campaigns, but when those are paired with Bulgarian "X" awards and Russian Front Medal since they took part in the Yugoslav/Greek campaigns and then went right on into Russia. Many members ("Panzer" Meyer etc etc) received Bulgarian awards for the Spring 1941 fighting. Blank blue long services are the final identifier of device-less SS-VT/ Waffen-SS 4s or 8s.

Guest Rick Research

Navy--no. They were bound by Wehrmacht rules.

In fact, there were so few--virtually no naval personnel--who got the Austrian Anschluss Medal that whining and snivelling about being left out led to soooooooo many stroll-through Military Tourists for the Sudeten Medals.

There weren't such "turistas" for the Memel, which is why that's the rarest of the bunch.

Interesting stuff. So a navy Anschluss medal is considered 'rarer'?

Did the Wehrmacht rules apply to Heer, Kreigsmarine and Luftwaffe and/or police?

Thanks.

Edited by Ulsterman

Guest Rick Research

Most of the Memels were navy, so a NON-navy Memel would be the scarcest of possible recipients.

Police did not follow army, navy, air force rules. But I know of NO police units which travelled so much! :speechless1: Don't think I've ever seen a police group that had more than one, or the Sudeten with Prague.