News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

#

photos

In my opinion your badge for the Geheime Feld Polizei (GFP) is a cast reproduction. Even the high quality badges normally seen for sale at around $2000-$2500, are in my opinion, also fake. They turned up "en masse" in 1994, along with counterfeit Gestapo discs and Prussian State Kripo discs.

Don Bible

how do i find out for sure ive had another person look at it and hes said the oposite u have manythanks

I have told you all I know to tell you. These high quality GFP discs like the one I posted here, appeared in 1994 in company with "Gestapo" and "Prussian State Kripo" discs that have conclusively been proven to be counterfeit pieces. All of them once sold for $2000-$2500, and cannot today be sold for one-tenth of that amount. I think your disc is a poorly cast copy of one of the better quality fakes. I don't know how to tell you how to find out "for sure", beyond what I have posted here.

I can say that a lot of other collectors around the world "found out for sure" when they layed out large amounts of money for the high quality counterfet pieces.

You may see copies of the fakes I have mentioned here by visiting my website at http://home.comcast.net/~donbible/

Don Bible

I have told you all I know to tell you. These high quality GFP discs like the one I posted here, appeared in 1994 in company with "Gestapo" and "Prussian State Kripo" discs that have conclusively been proven to be counterfeit pieces. All of them once sold for $2000-$2500, and cannot today be sold for one-tenth of that amount. I think your disc is a poorly cast copy of one of the better quality fakes. I don't know how to tell you how to find out "for sure", beyond what I have posted here.

I can say that a lot of other collectors around the world "found out for sure" when they layed out large amounts of money for the high quality counterfet pieces.

You may see copies of the fakes I have mentioned here by visiting my website at http://home.comcast.net/~donbible/

Don Bible

As a follow up to my last post, I will try to explain in a little more detail.

When the fake pieces of the three discs mentioned above appeared in 1994, there were known originals of two of them for minute comparasion. The fake discs for the ultra-rare Prussian State Kripo disc were counterfeited in at least three different metals...bronze, nickel-silver and silver plated, but all were struck on the SAME counterfeit dies. The Fake Gestapo disc was produced in the correct nickel-silver (neusilber)., and the Geheime Feldpolizei (GFP) disc was produced in neusliber. All were die struck in very high quality.

The fake "Gestapo" disc was the first to be unmasked. Then shortly afterwards the Prussian State Kripo disc was equally discredited. That left ONLY the GFP disc that could not be effectively declared a fake....because the only known original example of that disc had been used to produce the counterfeit. A rather poor illustration of it is shown in a 1989 published Osprey book "German Military Police Units 1939-45" written by Gordon Williamson, and illustrated by Ron Volstad. Today, the whereabouts of that original disc is unknow to the collecting world, but probably still in the possession of the persons who were involved in producing the fake discs.

Since there is no other known original example of the GFP disc, by which to use to unmask the fake pieces....no one that I know can "tell you for sure", but in a case like this, a little bit of common sense can go a long way toward saving one's money.

As a follow up to my last post, I will try to explain in a little more detail.

When the fake pieces of the three discs mentioned above appeared in 1994, there were known originals of two of them for minute comparasion. The fake discs for the ultra-rare Prussian State Kripo disc were counterfeited in at least three different metals...bronze, nickel-silver and silver plated, but all were struck on the SAME counterfeit dies. The Fake Gestapo disc was produced in the correct nickel-silver (neusilber)., and the Geheime Feldpolizei (GFP) disc was produced in neusliber. All were die struck in very high quality.

The fake "Gestapo" disc was the first to be unmasked. Then shortly afterwards the Prussian State Kripo disc was equally discredited. That left ONLY the GFP disc that could not be effectively declared a fake....because the only known original example of that disc had been used to produce the counterfeit. A rather poor illustration of it is shown in a 1989 published Osprey book "German Military Police Units 1939-45" written by Gordon Williamson, and illustrated by Ron Volstad. Today, the whereabouts of that original disc is unknow to the collecting world, but probably still in the possession of the persons who were involved in producing the fake discs.

Since there is no other known original example of the GFP disc, by which to use to unmask the fake pieces....no one that I know can "tell you for sure", but in a case like this, a little bit of common sense can go a long way toward saving one's money.

manythanks for all your help cheers

• 3 months later...

Don your help on this topic is invaluable to collectors who are tempted by one of these. I wish I would have researched before I bought my copy. Didn't lose too much money but through your site I learned enough to teach others and not to get burned again.