News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Two ASROTC Ribbons

I found these two ribbons on an Internet auction. I have never seen either of them before. The first is supposed to be the ribbon of the Physical Proficiency Award. I know the award, but with an entirely different ribbon: brown with light green side stripes and wider black edges. My personal hypothesis is that the brown ribbon was replaced by this one, as it was identical to another ROTC ribbon, the Platinum Medal Athlete Ribbon (R-2-1). I have not been able to find anthing which would prove this though.

The other ribbon was described simply as the Leadership Ribbon without any level designation. I know of three ASROTC leadership ribbons, awarding leadership on the regional, camp or platoon level. They are gray with black edges and three, two or one narrow red stripe in the center respectively. Consequently, this ribbon should reward leadership on some higher level and be superior to the three ones above.

I will owe a lot for any information.

Lukasz

Hope this is of use-

1) Military Proficiency

The Military Proficiency is given to the top five percent of Cadets in each camp cycle, based on the

Individuals Combined Military Proficiency scores as prescriben by the Commander, Cadet Command

2) Leadership award

I can find no reference or criteria for what the Leadership Award is awarded

Your confusion is warranted as the Physical Proficiency, and the Platinum Medal Athlete award ribbons

are the same. The PP is a Unit Award, while the PMA is a Individual Award

Edited by David S

David,

Thanks a lot for the information.

My assumptions regarding the two unknown ribbons were based (apart from the seller's statement) upon visual similarity to the already existing ASROTC leadership and proficiency ribbons. These are as follows:

1. Region Commander's Leadership Award

2. Camp Commander's Leadership Award

3. Platoon Leadership Award

4. Physical Proficiency Award

5. Military Proficiency Award

Unlike most ASROTC ribbons, leadership/proficiency awards seem to fall out of the standard pattern and do not have the usual R-...-... designations.

Best,

Lukasz

1. us2arotcrcla.gif

2. us2arotcccla.gif

3. us2arotcplla.gif

4. us2arotcphpa.gif

5. us2arotcmpa.gif