News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Regimental Tinnie of Austro-Hungaria?

Kev in Deva

Guest Rick Research

If you called it a "piece of toast" like that ebay thread, you could make a fortune. :rolleyes:

This is just one of those generic patriotic ones-- with the 4 Central Powers allies shwon together.

Thats not just generic! Thats the Holy Hungarian Crown with the Hungarian Coat of Arms of all the Houses of the Hungarian Kings held by the angelic heavenly host! In addtion One should notice how the crown and the shield shines for all the glory of the allied brotherhood! Mere generic pshhhawww! :rolleyes:

In reality - yes its a cap badge. Can you post what is written on it? I cant make it out from the phots...

Edited by hunyadi

Hallo Hunyadi, :cheers:

by Cap badge do you mean a Military item or a "patriotika"

tinnie worn in a solders cap?

Called the chap who has it, he says its got the words:

"IN MEMEORIAM 1914 - 1917.

Its about 6,5cm X 3,7 at the widest and under that it measures

3 cm.

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

this badge exists also in the "Kriegsmetall" zinc alloy. I've never seen it with a fastening pin, but always with two holes to sew it to the cap (although havier than most other "Kappenabzeichen").

Enzo

Hallo Enzo, :beer:

If you have a picture of a zink version could you please post for comparison?

Kevin in Deva :beer: