News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Don't believe all you see at first !

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: That is the world's OLDEST Reserve/Landwehr Captain! The LD2 was last given out in 1914, so under normal circumstances, if he was a One Year Volunteer 1901-02 to have gotten it by then... he was born about 1882--

he's 56 or so in the photo? :speechless1:

What have you got for paperwork :catjava:

:Cat-Scratch: That is the world's OLDEST Reserve/Landwehr Captain! The LD2 was last given out in 1914, so under normal circumstances, if he was a One Year Volunteer 1901-02 to have gotten it by then... he was born about 1882--

he's 56 or so in the photo? :speechless1:

What have you got for paperwork :catjava:

I was just off to bed Rick, but I'll throw you this tidbit with another to follow.

Excellent stuff!

Leiste was commissioned into Infanterie-Regiment von Goeben (2. Rheinisches) Nr. 28 as a Leutnant der Reserve with a Patent of 16.3.05 Uu. A teacher in civilian life he was promoted to Oberleutnant der Reserve on 22.4.14 and to Hauptmann der Reserve on 18.8.15 whilst serving with the Bekleidungsdepot (Clothing Depot) of the 9. Armee.

Regards

Glenn

Excellent stuff!

Leiste was commissioned into Infanterie-Regiment von Goeben (2. Rheinisches) Nr. 28 as a Leutnant der Reserve with a Patent of 16.3.05 Uu. A teacher in civilian life he was promoted to Oberleutnant der Reserve on 22.4.14 and to Hauptmann der Reserve on 18.8.15 whilst serving with the Bekleidungsdepot (Clothing Depot) of the 9. Armee.

Regards

Glenn

Glenn,

Yet again thanks for you added information, it certainly builds on the grouping I have. I've taken a few scans from the album that I have, but there are well over 190 photos in this, with comments and locations written on a lot of them.

As you say Glenn, Heinrich Leiste was originally with Infanterie-Regiment von Goeben (2. Rheinisches) Nr. 28. Eppelettes and pin badge in the collection.

Edited by Mike Huxley

Well that's my lot for tonight .. there are a good few photos of Herr Leiste in his later service that I have. I just know that from a simple medal bar I have in my collection a great history for a guy that served his country for many years.

Cheers, Mike