News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Pershing Rifles awards

Hello, I am looking for the following Pershing Rifles awards:

1. National Staff Ribbon

2. Regimental Staff Ribbon

3. Life Saving Award

I will owe a lot for help.

Lukasz

I was on the P/R National Staff in the late 70s/early 80s and have both the National and Regimental Staff Ribbons, but unfortunately I don't be believe I have spare ones. I don't remember a Life Saving Award for P/R, but there was one for ROTC which I also have an example of in my collection. I can provide photos if you like. Kevin

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for the quick response. I actually do not need the ribbons for myself. The reason I am inquiring is because I would like to add their images to my website http://www.medals.lava.pl/us/uschk2.htm (see down "Organizational Awards for ROTC" to see the rest of them). I will be more than glad if you will provide the photos from your collection - this will absolutely do. Needless to say, I shall add you to website contributors if you want me to.

Best regards,

Lukasz

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for the quick response. I actually do not need the ribbons for myself. The reason I am inquiring is because I would like to add their images to my website http://www.medals.lava.pl/us/uschk2.htm (see down "Organizational Awards for ROTC" to see the rest of them). I will be more than glad if you will provide the photos from your collection - this will absolutely do. Needless to say, I shall add you to website contributors if you want me to.

Best regards,

Lukasz

Lukasz - I'll try to find them and scan them. There are several other Pershing Rifles ribbons/medals including those for the rifle tournament, longevity, achievement and Regimental Commanders award. There is also a National Commanders award which is not actually a ribbon but a silver metal bar. Kevin

Lukasz - Here is a quick scan of the ribbon bar I wore while in Pershing Rifles National Headquarters in the late from 1978-81. The red white ribbon on the lower right side is the National Headquarters staff ribbon, the one next to it is the Pershing Rifles longevity ribbon, the ribbon itself represents one year of service and each pip one additional year. I was unable to find a Regimental Staff Ribbon but as I recall it was a metal R on a blue and white or purple and white ribbon similar to the National Headquarters Ribbon. Kevin

Hello Kevin, excuse please this delay. I've had an urgent work to do and was unable to answer any correspondence last week.

The scans are excellent! This is exactly the information I needed. :D I am going to update the Pershing Rifles section asap and you will certainly be added to the contributors list (unless you don't want to).

I am happy and proud to hear my DDR page is still useful! :jumping::jumping::jumping: I have collected some material regarding the non-state medals of DDR, a small part of which can be found down the page. Perhaps it's time to expand it.

Thanks again and best regards :D

Lukasz