News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

german dagger collection

Hi

I have a freind that has a german dagger collection for sale. We have had a dealer look at them and he says we have some very good examples. He has offered us ?1800 for about 6 daggers. How can I tell if he has given us a fair price? Who else could I ask to give me an evauation?

• 2 weeks later...

dave3c,

I would post your pictures and question on Germandaggers.com. Getting a value from the pictures shown will be difficult. Prices vary greatly on daggers with maker marks, condition of blade, which is very important etc. The dealer is probably offering you no more than 50 to 60 % of the true value of what he could get on the open market. Someplace like the estand on Wehrmacht Awards Forum would bring more money but selling daggers one at a time will take awhile. When it is all done, any item is only worth what someone will pay you for it. I wish your friend luck in his sale.

Regards,

Gordon