News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ebay Item #200206027331 Col. Joe L. Mason Uniform Group

Hi Guys: I am new to this forum and I hope I am not breaking any rules by posting this. Anyway, I have been following the above item on Ebay and have been wondering about it's authenticity. As you can see it is supposed to be a uniform group for Colonel Joe L. Mason, C.O. of the 352nd FG, 8th Air Force. I would like to believe it is authentic but something tells me otherwise. First of all the lack of detail in the written portion of the listing. I e-mailed the seller for documentation, paperwork or a certificate of authenticity but all he said he had is a picture in a book of Col. Mason wearing the uniform. Also, the name and serial number on the jacket label. I checked the number (30644) and it does not match my reference (Stars and Bars-A Tribute to the American Fighter Ace 1920-1973 by Frank Olynyk). The Regular Army given in the book for Col. Joe L. Mason is 0-32831. Does this sound fishy to you?

The "30644" number is probably the tailor's reference number. The stitching on the wings and patches looks sloppy to me. If he's going to pay for a tailor-made uniform, I'd expect the insignia to be attached by the tailor as well.