News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello All,

Last weekend I picked up a WW1 era tinnie & a enamelled WW2 era pin badge. I know the pictures aren't the best ( my camera is playing up), but I would be grateful if someone could tell me what they represent. My own gut feelings are the tinnie "United and True" bavarian shield in middle, top left - shield with beehive & top right shield with throstle, all placed in front of a iron cross, is WW1. The WW2 badge could be something to do with ww1 veterans, but again I've no idea really what it means, or what the number 40 signifies, on the back are the letters - Ges. Gesch. 5 - Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hello Don,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I got to thinking as third reich lasted only 12 years, have you any ideas how the badges were acredited i.e. the time spent in the imperial forces plus time in NS veterans bund, or did they reckon from a certain year date. I've been offered another veterans badge on much the same lines this one with 25 service years, not knowing too much about them. I shyed away from buying it, the condition is good, fully complete the asking price is 20 euro is that the going price? Once again many thanks.

regards

Alec

Yes I believe it was just accumulated years of membership in one of the various veterans groups (several were brought under the rule of the NSRKB I believe).

Sorry, I rarely comment on values these days as I fully believe items are only worth what an individual is willing to pay for it.

Cheers

Don