Legion d' honneur keyring pendant?

Josef Rietveld

For some months i use the wreck of a unknown order as keyring pendant. I always thought it was of belgian origin. Yesterday i examined the piece and came to the conclusion it must be a legion d' honneur. I guess it is the Restauration Typ from 1815 to 1830 because it shows the bourbons lily in the crown and on top of the crown. The thing that confuses me: I always thought that all grades appear in Gold or at least in silver gilt. My keyring pendant shows abolutely no remains of a possible gilding.

i would be thankfull for your comments

josef

For some months i use the wreck of a unknown order as keyring pendant. I always thought it was of belgian origin. Yesterday i examined the piece and came to the conclusion it must be a legion d' honneur. I guess it is the Restauration Typ from 1815 to 1830 because it shows the bourbons lily in the crown and on top of the crown. The thing that confuses me: I always thought that all grades appear in Gold or at least in silver gilt. My keyring pendant shows abolutely no remains of a possible gilding.

i would be thankfull for your comments

josef

Joseph,

Badges for the 5th class were silver.

Marc

Hello Josef

It is really a L?gion d'honneur, half size I mean, of the 1816 - 1830 period.

Here is one from my collec to compare and see what is missing on yours:

p2281310.jpgp2281311.jpg

Observe: "Henri IV Roi de France et de Navarre" (Henri the IVth, King of France and Navarre) Reverse: "Honneur et Patrie"

Yours

Bison