News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gentlemen: I just came across a Sachsen Bar, But Without the medals/orders one time holded. I?ll Be very Happy If I can (some day) fill -correctly- the void and got a complet and wonderful Sachsen Spange.

I ask you about your hints of what medals-orders will fit in the empty hooks...

My First Bid is for a pair a Albert Orders, a EK2 and a REO (Class??) cross. So far from the precedence of ribbons is near sure that the bar is definetely Saxon...?

Do you can help me on this matter (Hey Rick!)???

Thanks to all of you.

Miguel

PS/ Somebody can sell/swap the lost Albert? orders...???. I have already a EK2 and a REO 3th, (or is 4th?) class (pebbled arms). in lost and single mounts respectively.

I send a pic F&R

Guest Rick Research

Yup-- you can tell from the height where the clips were sewn (so that the bottoms of the awards were all straight in line with each other) that it was indeed an Albert Knight 1st Xand Knight 2nd X-- which the Saxons allowed.

That sure looks like a Red Eagle Order ribbon on the end, but I cannot imagine how that would have been POSSIBLE. That was only given to lucky Captains and up-- while an Albert Knight 2nd was for Lieutenants. So maybe it was actually a Prussian General Decoration in Silver medal. This is the bar of a Saxon officer first decorated during the war as an Oberleutnant, who was promoted to Hauptmann or Rittmeister during the war, so a Red Eagle ORDER on peacetime ribbon is out of the question for him.

Yup-- you can tell from the height where the clips were sewn (so that the bottoms of the awards were all straight in line with each other) that it was indeed an Albert Knight 1st Xand Knight 2nd X-- which the Saxons allowed.

That sure looks like a Red Eagle Order ribbon on the end, but I cannot imagine how that would have been POSSIBLE. That was only given to lucky Captains and up-- while an Albert Knight 2nd was for Lieutenants. So maybe it was actually a Prussian General Decoration in Silver medal. This is the bar of a Saxon officer first decorated during the war as an Oberleutnant, who was promoted to Hauptmann or Rittmeister during the war, so a Red Eagle ORDER on peacetime ribbon is out of the question for him.

All that have sense. thanks Rick!! ;)

I was think that the prussian service to the state silver medal was only to prussians subjects...

Miguel

Guest Rick Research

Yes, but it was given to odd cadet-rank recipients, too. The later Grand Admiral D?nitz got one before he was commissioned. Nothing else makes any immediate sense there.