News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ernst Rosenhainers' daughter, Ms. Ilse Hance, presently a resident of warm and sunny California and a very nice lady with whom I spoke yesterday, wrote an excellent book entitled "Forward March" in 2000. Based upon the still treasured volume of war memoirs of her father, it is well worth reading.

Oberlt. Rosenhainer received not only the Ek1, and (I assume) the wound badge, but also Ehrenkruez (Tapfer und Treu)from Mecklenburg Strelitz AND the Ruess Ehrenkruez x.

I have invited Ms. Hance here to have a look.

Can any of the gild of research gnomes help her with additional information regarding her father, a brave and decent German officer?

Ernst Rosenhainers' daughter, Ms. Ilse Hance, presently a resident of warm and sunny California and a very nice lady with whom I spoke yesterday, wrote an excellent book entitled "Forward March" in 2000. Based upon the still treasured volume of war memoirs of her father, it is well worth reading.

Oberlt. Rosenhainer received not only the Ek1, and (I assume) the wound badge, but also Ehrenkruez (Tapfer und Treu)from Mecklenburg Strelitz AND the Ruess Ehrenkruez x.

I have invited Ms. Hance here to have a look.

Can any of the gild of research gnomes help her with additional information regarding her father, a brave and decent German officer?

I just purchased this book last month! It's very well done.

• 4 months later...
    Guest Rick Research

From the newly re-discovered INTACT Strelitz rolls--

Rosenhainer's ribboned MStMV2 is on "Roll C" (there are a number of different rolls for the 2nd Class)-- note date is two days different than cited in the autobiography:

His pinback MStMV1 is among those entered without a date so I'm glad to be able to fill his in:

Note the change in regiments.

Ernst Rosenhainer (Landwehrbezirk Neustrelitz) was commissioned into the 7. Th?ringisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 96 on 19 November 1912.

I have not yet found ahis promotion to Oberleutnant d.R.

Regards

Glenn

Guest Rick Research

That would be after 4.4.18 since he's still in rank on the MStMV1 and that was the date given for it in the book.

I just spoke with his daughter!

Congratulations Gentlemen.

Also, He was born on Dec. 12, 1884. Died July, 1970.

LtdR. patent of Z 11z

Promoted to Oberlt. dR. A.K.O. o. 4/28/1918 while serving as Company Commander, 12 L.I.R. 32 in the Ukraine

Discharged in Neustrelitz on 2/6/1919.

EK1 proposed on 9/4/1918 by Regimental Orders,(Reichswehrministerium Heersleitung Personalamt Nr. II 1201/8,21 PA (1): awarded on 9/12/1921.

Edited by Ulsterman

Promoted to Oberlt. dR. A.K.O. o. 4/28/1918 while serving as Company Commander, 12 L.I.R. 32 in the Ukraine

ah, got him now. So much indexing yet to do!

Published in the Milit?r-Wochenblatt Edition Number 136 of Tuesday 7 May 1918.

Regards

Glenn

Guest Rick Research

I've found his MStMV1 in the Good Roll (no date) and in the Bad Roll (confirming date).

It's interesting that he didn't get his "matching" EK1 for 3 years... usually the small state awards were made AFTER an EK of equivalent graade. Though among the ever so lovely "Comments" in the Rolls is one notation that retorts snippily that having an EK2 was not good enough resaon for an MStMV2.

Though one Reserve Hauptmann got the 1st Class because... :unsure: his MOMMY put him in for it! :catjava:

:cheeky:

Strelitz was APPARENTLY (and how would we know without such Roll "Bemerkungen"-- but these are the first I've ever encountered with such things) unique in that people could put themselves forward for these cRosses, could be nominated by others... and very very often were proposed and rejected numerous times before finally (sometimes) being decirated.

Thanks to the drunken senile madman in the archives, on many an occasion thay ALSO awarded 2nd Classes to the same people multiple times by mistake and slovenly records keeping. :speechless1: