News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 2 weeks later...

Not much you can do with only the last name. There are six Leutnant Reimers listed in the 1914 Prussian Rangliste and I guess he could be any, or none, of them. The units they are in are:

Grenadier-Regiment Kronprinz (1. Ostpreu?isches) Nr.1

Infanterie-Regiment Keith (1. Ober-schlesisches) Nr.22

Ulanen-Regiment Prinz August von W?rttemberg (Posensches) Nr.10

Feld-Artillerie-Regiment Nr.71 Gro?komtur

Lothringisches Fu?artillerie-Regiment Nr.16

Landwehrbezirk II Hamburg

Thanks Mike, for the reply. So in theory this Reimer here couldn't even be among those, if he was commissioned in, say, 1916?

Also, where can I buy the Rangliste 1914? I always feel like a pest when having to ask questions for which the answers are so readily available.

It's a long shot, but my mother's maiden name was Reimer and her grandparents immigrated to the US before WWI. Her father had a brother which stayed in Germany named Detlef whose son Johann Heinrich Reimer, born 3 November 1899 in Kochendorf, would have been about the right age, he was married in 1915. Kevin

Edited by ehrentitle

Thanks Mike, for the reply. So in theory this Reimer here couldn't even be among those, if he was commissioned in, say, 1916?

Also, where can I buy the Rangliste 1914? I always feel like a pest when having to ask questions for which the answers are so readily available.

Rittmeister,

Yes, the only list I have is for 1914, so it's possible your Leutnant Reimer might not be on there if he was commissioned later. I bought my rankliste on a CD from Paul Chepurko on Wehrmact Awards Forum a few years ago. At one time Detlev-Nieman was selling them http://www.detlev-niemann.de/ but I don't know if they still do. I found several links to the original sales article about Paul's CDs on both GMIC and WAF, but none of them work anymore. :banger:

They're also sold here in the USA by this web site http://www.derrittmeister.com/rangliste.htm