News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I need some help on Patents. I just got finished reading the memoirs of Ernst Rosenhainer a reserve lieutenant in the Prussian army. He entered service as a one-year volunteer and was commissioned a second lieutenant on the 19th of November 1912. The one-year volunteer time was done in infantry Regiment 96. During the war he served in two companies of Infantry Regiment 96 and then eventually in Landwehr infantry Regiment 32. Infantry Regiment 96 had a very distinct helmet. There is a distinct difference between the helmets of a reserve officer and a Landwehr officer. The only picture of this lieutenant wearing a helmet is a prewar photo of him wearing a reserve officer helmet from Prussia.

Here is my question: as reservists were associated with regiments were they commissioned as such? I guess the more clear question is what uniform should this guy have worn in the different units? He got an award from Reuss (JR96) as well as several from Mecklenburg- Strelitz where he lived. Help me think through this please.