News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Austro-Hungarian Bravery in Brass!

Hallo Gents, :beer:

Ricky suggested I post this piece here, I obtained it at the weekend while attending the Timisoara Collectors Fair

on Saturday 19th April 2008.

Emperor Carol / Karl "FORTITVDINI" Medal, in what appears to be brass.

The definition and quality are very good, certainly not of recent manufacture, please see pictures:-

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Hello Kevin,

the piece seems to slightly differ from the design of the official Kautsch-engraved bravery medals, although bearing his signature. Is the piece struck or cast?

If it's a wartime piece, it could be one of the various, then unauthorized, privately made medals.

Best wishes,

Enzo

Hello Kevin,

the piece seems to slightly differ from the design of the official Kautsch-engraved bravery medals, although bearing his signature. Is the piece struck or cast?

If it's a wartime piece, it could be one of the various, then unauthorized, privately made medals.

Best wishes,

Enzo

Hallo Enzo, :beer:

thanks for the reply, although not obvious in the pictures its slightly concave, so a struck piece

certainly an oddity to me, I have never seen one before like this, but the detail is very good,

so it could very well be a privately made piece.

Diameter of: 31+mm.

Kevin in Deva. :beer: