News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

Here is one very strange ribbon bar.

Can someone tell me please:

1. What ribbons are 2nd and 3rd (cant find again what awards they would be with the swords???)

2. Why not LS award

3. Black blate - is it look okey? One pin is missing.

So.... good or baaaaaaaaad? :rolleyes::Cat-Scratch:

05299375e9b622_o.jpg

??????hhhhhhhh........................... my best guess would be:

Sachsen Friedrich August medals in silver and bronze on the wrong ribbons..................... have seen this some times over the years that yellow blue ribbons were taken for these medals on ribbon bars when the right ribbon was not in stock....

Heiko is right, probably used to represent FAM. The only thing that puzzles me is the use of swords. With years of collecting Saxony ounder my belt I have never seen swords used on a ribbon. Is it possible the ribbon is for something else?

Guest Rick Research

Can't think of anything else that could even fill in. I don't doubt it's an old original bar, but anything Not Right always drives me crazy-- and that's a very short trip!

Thanks guys! I was one moment thinking about the Braunschweig noncombatant War merit Cross as well but still... swords. :speechless: Anything from Austria with the same ribbon?

Good to know its look original.... now this bar will be on the way to my house next week! :jumping:

Actually.... Yes. The Austrian Order of The Iron Crown has a similar ribbon, but the stripes are closer to the edge. But there would only be one worn, the swords (if used) would be a very different style and sometimes, the "KD aka Kriegs=Dekoration" would be an enameled, miniature set of Laurel Leaves.

Photo below, bottom bar as an example

• 3 weeks later...