News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

General question regarding the EKII

Hello Everyone,

I have the chance to add a couple of items to my collection but before I take the plundge I have a question.

The first item, sorry no photo available, is a grouping that includes, an EK II award document, a photo of the recipient in full uniform on a postcard photo and an EK II. The document looks real as does the photo. Whether they belong together may have to wait until I can psot them if I go through with the deal. My question is regarding the EK II itself. On the obverse the crown at the top is off centre. It may not be off by much but remember that my eyes are, for the most part, untrained and I noticed it right off. Is it possible for the crown to be slightly off centre?

If I get this grouping I can return it, though he gives me a rough time. I've known him a while and this is a matter of busting my b-lls rather than being a jerk. I would rather not obtan them in the first place if the EKII sounds like a reproduction.

What are your thoughts on this?

Cheers :cheers:

Brian

PS: The next question will be in the TR section.

Guest Rick Research

1) no pix, no guess

2) sounds like somebody I would never do business with

Why go through that?

1) no pix, no guess

2) sounds like somebody I would never do business with

Why go through that?

Rick is right - I wonder if it's worth it if these troubles potentially go along with the transaction.

As for the cross - without pictures it's hard to tell. However, an off-center crown is not necessarily a bad sign as the cores within the frames often come loose over the years.

B

Thanks fellows.

As tempted as I am to take the chance I'll probably pass.

If all three pieces are originals but do not belong together I would be breaking even on the purchase but I really don't want three more unrelated items.

Thanks for the advice.

:cheers: Cheers

Brian