News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Richthofen Commemerative Coin

Does anyone know the correct name or official title of this? I have only seen one for sale at a coin show a couple years back and regret not getting it. Seems like Alden Hamilton had one recently as well.

If I remember correctly, it's 800 silver.

Tim

It is the the Memorial Medal for von Richtofen issued by the German medallist Karl Goetz. This was a particularly popular medal and was re-issued on many occassion, the later issues usually have the Bavarian mint name stamped on the edge as well as the finess. Given the popularity of the subject a nice example will make a couple of hundred pounds.

Paul

Thanks Paul!

Yes, I remember the seller at the coin show wanted $185. for a worn (VF) condition one and I thought it was high at the time. I thought it might have been a Goetz medal, good to know!

Tim