News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Portugal - WW2 Pilot badge

I have seen a few Portugese pilot badges going around a few dealers and on Ebay advertised as WW2 era wings, in fact I just bought one for $20 - they are a thinish pressed badge that looks aged, with a pin and catch assembly. I am told these are not WW2 and that the pre 1945 Portugese pilot badge is of a much more solid in construction - would anyone have a scan of such as example.

Thanks.

CMF

• 4 years later...

I have seen a few Portugese pilot badges going around a few dealers and on Ebay advertised as WW2 era wings, in fact I just bought one for $20 - they are a thinish pressed badge that looks aged, with a pin and catch assembly. I am told these are not WW2 and that the pre 1945 Portugese pilot badge is of a much more solid in construction - would anyone have a scan of such as example.

Thanks.

CMF

Hello;

Indeed the pre 1950 Portuguese Pilot wings are a very solid construction. Generally in Gilded-Silver or Gilded-Brass. They have fantastic details around the Portuguese coat of arms, and are far more expensive than $20... ;)