News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Polish Medal for the 1918 - 1921 War

Hello Everyone,

My weekend hunting trip landed me a couple of new Polish medals for my collection as well as a British 2 pound shell (but that's for another area of the forum).

The first medal is the 1918 - 1921 War Medal awarded to Veterans of the Polish Soviet War also known as the Russo-Polish War of 1920.

The following information comes from a site on Google titled "The Polish Russian War and the fight for Independence 1918 - 1921", check it out it is very interesting.

"Between 1918 & 1921 Poland had to fight to re-establish itself as a nation. The most dangerous enemy that Poland faced at the time was Bolshevik Russia, under Lenin. This War and the important events surrounding it are vertually absent from most history books. This is surprising given the huge impact on Europe that would have occured had Poland lost this War".

The medal looks it be in such good condition to lead me to think it may be a resent striking, however, it is of quite good quality. Any comments regarding this would be welcomed. The ribbon is correct and in like-new condition and is of the "watered" type so the quality is once again excellent.

It is unnamed as issued.

Cheers :cheers:

Brian