News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Really nice 1870-1866 bar-- what's the last medal? Some sort of regimental jubilee? The LD2 in secondplace is also the deluxe firegilt type. :love:

Easy enough to clip the correct Friedrich August Medal on the Saxon bar-- either a silver or bronze will do. ANY Saxon Honor Cross with Swords is a find, even loose. Try finding a loose one if you needed one for a bar! :cheers:

Thanks Rick and Scott. Rick, the last medal on the elder bar is a Barfuss medal. All the medals on this bar are of superior quality and the construction is nice and tight. The Saxon Honor Cross is a nice, fire gilt over bronze I believe.

Scott, Dion turns up some good stuff. He has opened an Imperial section on his site now.

Thanks Rick and Scott. Rick, the last medal on the elder bar is a Barfuss medal. All the medals on this bar are of superior quality and the construction is nice and tight. The Saxon Honor Cross is a nice, fire gilt over bronze I believe.

Scott, Dion turns up some good stuff. He has opened an Imperial section on his site now.

you are right, he really does have some nice imperial items. i have a Lippe bar winging its way to me from him as we speak

1hands.gif

Edited by Scott Powell

Really nice 1870-1866 bar-- what's the last medal? Some sort of regimental jubilee? The LD2 in secondplace is also the deluxe firegilt type. :love:

And it is wayyyy oversized, isn't it? That's the opposite to a "Prinzengr??e"... :rolleyes:

Two very nice bars, I like especially the first one.

• 3 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Oho! An ANCIENT guy!

He was probably Landwehr or Landsturm in the FIRST war-- an EX-NCO to have never seen action (noncombatant Hindenburg) though the freakishly vague Saxon War Effort Cross doesn't tell us much as to what his duties were then.

But he was a noncombatant AGAIN in the SECOND war ( :love: to see civil KVKs mounted), which with the Volkspflege suggests some sort of possibly medical-care duties.