News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

No-- a junior army enlisted man. Sometimes the backing color helps, sometimes it doesn't.

Navy personnel wore decorations in Reichs precedence-- which was the same as Prussian regulations.

No-- a junior army enlisted man. Sometimes the backing color helps, sometimes it doesn't.

Navy personnel wore decorations in Reichs precedence-- which was the same as Prussian regulations.

Thanks! These are data valuable to me! :cheers:

Two bronze medals it is normal?

Saxons and Bavarians carried awards of the states the first.

ЕК2 For them was the foreign award.

I understand that but then why des the lowest/foreign award get to display tyhe most ribbon?

It means for wear with civilian clothes. But then the FA medals would be out of order...... Ok, somebody please explain to me how the saxon's did their ribbons because I am getting confused.

Edited by dond

Guest Rick Research

Nope. Last ribbon "on top" just means the outfitter was a dyslexic learner. :cheeky:

Remember: on a Frackspange for civilian wear, the ribbons are usually ANGLED not up and down, and the pin should be (unless it was a dyslexic learner :cheeky: ) with the pin catch opening DOWN. Opening UP, it would fall off if bumped! :speechless1:

Catch = down or out direction.

Guest Rick Research

Here is a PERFECT Frackspange-- ribbons properly angled-- same blue backing BTW (probably to match the wearer's civilian suit)

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=29059

and...

the beginner outfitter used a normal style medal bar backing with the open catch UP, so if anything snagged on that bar-- it would have fallen straight off! :banger: