News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

For Eric-cased Meybauer screwback......

Some pics for you ,Eric! after looking at your wonderful pieces I thought it's time to come back with an unusual set from my collection.I apologise for showing these old pictures again,but I haven't made any others.

Micha

wow, micha! you've made my day! :love:

this is a very interesting setup on the reverse--for a Meybauer--in the sense that the disc system is not your 'regular' M. screwback system. female 'nut' instead male post, etc. the disc is interesting, too. i wonder if this is a precursor to the patented 653146 system?

thank you for reposting this!

p.s. sorry for edit, but the more i think about it: i'm inclined to think that it could in fact be a later version of an EK1, in the sense that it is similar to 1939 systems. perhaps maybauer got rid of the old d.r.g.m. 65...system in the late 30s and started conforming to what everyone else was doing when they were producing 1939 s/b EK1s...i.e. post attached to disc instead of cross? perhaps dad got a shiny fancy new cross to replace his lost or beat up old KO version (the mini on case reads 1914-1918).

Edited by Eric Stahlhut