News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

At first glance there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the two sets of badges offered by Detlev in yesterday's update, construction style etc is of the period.

However, in all of my years of collecting I have never seen these design DRK badges with either a button hole or stickpin fixing!!!!! I have only ever seen them with a pinback. Now I can't say that they are fake as I do not know, however it does seem strange to me that one of each should turn up at the same time. I advise keeping an eye on the various dealer & auction sites to see if anymore appear, if so then I think that we may have our answer....... And more trouble because they look very good, put the correct fixing on them & voil?!!!

First DRK civil badge 13th form (H? 5601an)

Next DRK civil badge 14th form (H? 5601ao)

Cheers

Don

Guest Rick Research

Is there a maker mark?

Even though it is A.D. 2008, things still sometimes come out of a forgotten box under the basement stairs. There might be a little "rush" of such items and then.... nothing.

Mint cased "15" marked 1939 Iron Crosses? Came out of such a never issued box in Vienna, cleaning up in 1969. Dispersed across the globe since. :rolleyes:

Back in the 1980s, I remember a HUGE (almost the size of a refrigerator) box of never issued German marksmanship lanyards-- every grade, every type-- it was like a piranha attack with people literally falling in, scooping them out like some fundamentalist snake-handling religious service. :speechless1: And then they were alllll dispersed across the globe.

Same, about 1967 or so, with a large bunch of never issued "Afrikakorps" German army tropical pith helmets. :rolleyes:

Single source discoveries sometimes appear "en masse" for a BRIEF period, and then disappear like water in the desert.

Unlike constantly produced fakes.

Indeed they do, which is why I'm not screaming fake yet. I haven't heard of any finds on the "grapevine" except for the recent Deschler hoard of EK's & KVK's.

Also these were very early badges only used during a brief period in the very early months of the regime. And I still would have expected to have seen these fittings on them before if used during the period.

No, no markings at all.

Cheers

Don

Hello Detlev,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Indeed as I mentioned before, I am not saying that they are fakes (or accusing you), they may as Rick said be a found store. I am just worried as I have never seen such fixings on this model of badge, such things always are worth noting & watching for as the fakers are getting very clever.

Let's hope that they are just unusual variants.

Cheers

Don