News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all,

Here is one my new bars what arrived from Germany. What is the last ribbon... looks like Baden LS (whats don't make sence because I presume there has to be in this case Bavaria LS award) or is it Imperial Russia Order of St. Anna ribbon? In this case the he was in service before WW1 but he is missing LS award? I am confused :unsure: . Or is it something from Braunschweig?

06903263b8f5ac_o.jpg

Guest Rick Research

Your Bavarian was a private. He got the MVK3X... because the last ribbon is a 1918 Finnish Medal of Liberty in Bronze. :catjava:

Three bar made of Frankenstein parts. WW2 metal backing. The cloth backing appears to be slapped on with glue.

Finnish!?! I even didn't think about that. Its made my day I must say :jumping: . Thanks Rick, its always great to get some imperial items with foreign awards!!!! Especially from Scandinavia!!!!

I was very sure that some of those ribbon bars are made up (also the owner informed me kindly) but I wanted to get them anyway as study materials. Just like to be very sure that they are fakes before.

As well this one here.... lots of clue around.... :speechless: was the Frankestein 8 years old kid when she/he made them :catjava:

0690338719cdbb_l.jpg

Also if someone have 100% sure fake with this type of metal system on the reverse, what I can take a part and keep as example material, please let me know.

I have this one what I am not sure and its more likely fake and some anothers as well think this way but just in case I don't want to do it (ribbons are fine under black light and hooks on the back nice and rusty)

0493379943c34d_o.jpg

Guest Rick Research

The "Luftwaffe" one is rubbish. The tab back... if all the white in those ribbons does not glow electric blue (BAD) then...

a quite unusual and NICE political combination... likely somebody in a Nazi party uniform.

Those little tabs will snap right off if little monkey paws get at them-- and usually will show signs of scratching if they've been moved.

Guest Rick Research

Bulgarian WW1 Commemorative is in the wrong place on that last one, typical period mistake. Otherwise no problem but dingy condition.

Those last two really show clearly the difference between REAL age and what the fakers do smearing motor oil and rubbing dirt on their new-made Frankenstein bars.

Now, this one looks better - reverse is fine and also ribbons look right. Only Winter campaign is in wrong place?

0690333703dd4f_l.jpg

and again.... bad or good. Why its missing Hindenburg???? How looks the reverse and pin system?

0690326719723b_o.jpg

Guest Rick Research

Little monkey paws have swapped the Hindenburg and the Russian Front ribbons. Don't try to fix it-- I can guarantee you that the tabs will snap off. What's done is done.

Little monkey fingers. :speechless::violent:

The other two are parts crap.