News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This is one wierd TD device

I just recieved a ribbon bar from my friend Christian L and while studying it, I noticed an unfamiliar design on the Treue Dienst device attached to it. There is no question about the originality, but if mirrored, it looks like a Finnish insignia :speechless1:

cheers

Peter

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: VERY weird! What does the rest of the ribbon bar look like, front and back?

This is a maker variant I'v never seen before and maybe there are odd things about other devices or their bar backings?

This is a beat-up bar, but I needed the Customs device. The first two decorations have remnants of the ribbon still attached under the backing cloth. I've made the obverse image slightly lighter for better viewing.

cheers

Peter

Edited by Peter J

Guest Rick Research

How about the same size closeup on the Zoll eagle? I can't tell how it might different from the one in the Ribbon Bar Devices Gallery one, aside from the wearing dent on the stomach of yours.

:beer:

Well, almost the same. The left tip of the wreath on mine isn't pointing upwards, which would be a typical characteristic for this decoration. Other than that it's difficult to tell them apart.

TWO!? Take a closer look Rick, all four are actually shorter, hence my reference to Finnland ;)

cheers

Peter

Hmmm. I would say these are EXACTLY the same,

So that leaves us with ONLY the "stubby TDK" to watch for. Anybody else got another with two arms of the swastika shorter?

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?autocom=galler...si&img=2224

:cheers: