little confused by medal index card

Hello gang ,

I have a ww1 mons star medal and i just down loaded a medal card for a W. Ball 3rd Dragoon Guards. The only thing on the card is the 1914 star with a cc/3 beside that. My question is shouldn't this chap have been awarded other medals like thw ww1 victoy and such? :unsure:

It would say clasp & roses or similar on his MIC. He may have just hung out in Le Havre during his first 3 weeks or so in France or St. Omer even. You could try asking someone to copy the unit diary from the NA but it'll cost money. He could also have been on rear party for whatever reason while his mates were on the way to Ypres.

This may be of some help http://www.1914-1918.net/CAVALRY/3cavdiv.htm

Tony

As I understand it the soldier or Next of Kin (if deceased) had to apply for the "Mons clasp" and many didn't bother or maybe weren't aware.Also I have come across many applications which were marked on MIC "ineligble" as the soldier had to have been under fire.

Mike

As I understand it the soldier or Next of Kin (if deceased) had to apply for the "Mons clasp" and many didn't bother or maybe weren't aware.Also I have come across many applications which were marked on MIC "ineligble" as the soldier had to have been under fire.

Mike

Thanks to all for the great info :cheers: