News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

LIEUTENANT CYRIL CHARLES FREDERICK EKINS

Hi

I wonder if anybody can let me have any information on the above Officer whose medals are in my collection.I know a lot about his World War 1 service in the Essex Regiment, and as an Observer Officer in the Royal Flying Corps for which he won the BWM and VM, he was also Mentioned In Dispatches. He seems to have seen some WW2 service,being commissioned into the Royal Fusiliers in 1940, and then presumably saw service in India as he was awarded WW2 medals including a Burma star. I was told when i purchased the group that he was an Officer in a Punjab Regiment and saw servive fighting the Japanese in Burma. Would anybody have any WW2 Army Lists that might be able to confirm that Ekins did join a Punjab Regiment, if so which one, also any other information on his later Military career which may enable me to complete my research on him.

Any info would be appreciated

Regards

Graham