News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Tracing a Hussar Gefreiter

Pity he won't be here in time for Halloween.

Robin,

Since he was passed to the reserves in 1913, he was undoubtedly called up in 1914 to fill the regiment up to wartime strength. Best bet for an enlisted man, would be to find the regimental history. You may luck out and find a picture of him. If he is not in the roll of honor, then he survived the war and you will at least know where he served, what battles he participated in etc. I would try the many sellers of these items in Germany, in particular Helmut Weitze usually has a large number of these. Good luck, I hope you find him.

Dan Murphy

Robin,

Since he was passed to the reserves in 1913, he was undoubtedly called up in 1914 to fill the regiment up to wartime strength. Best bet for an enlisted man, would be to find the regimental history. You may luck out and find a picture of him. If he is not in the roll of honor, then he survived the war and you will at least know where he served, what battles he participated in etc. I would try the many sellers of these items in Germany, in particular Helmut Weitze usually has a large number of these. Good luck, I hope you find him.

Dan Murphy

Thanks Dan.