News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A few random ribbon bar questions (reconstructing my notes)

I'm trying to get my notes back together again on a few of my ribbon bars and lapel bows, so please bear with the occasional resurfacing of stuff you might have seen before for the next little bit.

Did officers from W?rttemberg receive the long service decoration? I suspect that the pale blue ribbon is either a Friedrichs Order or a Crown Order, instead of being an enlisted man's equivalent. If it were just the medal instead of the order, I would think that the Wilhelm's Cross would take precedence over it.

Am I even correct in assuming that the last ribbon is a W?rttemberg long service? The stripes are different width than what I'm used to though. Looking at the interior less faded portion, the background is almost exactly the same shade of orange as a Turkish "Iron Halfmoon", but the stripes are distinctly blue - close to a Crown Order blue, but darker.

Are Karl Olga Medals mentioned anywhere in any sort of rolls? (I can't imagine there were too many male recipients floating around in the military.)

Edited by landsknechte

Nice lapel bow!

W?rttemberg officers got W?rttemberg long service awards, had their very own ones, as Prussian officers had - so not the very common medals for nine years etc. The 2nd ribbon is a W?rttemberg Friedrichsorden for sure, possibly a knight's cross with swords. I'm not sure about the 4th ribbon - may rather be a live saving medal from W?rttemberg freestate. Almost as rare as hen's teeth...

Guest Rick Research

3rd ribbon could be meant as either the Wilhemskreuz or a Charlottenkreuz, since the miniaturized stripes are neither the one nor the other (accurately) here. The 4th ribbon could be either an Olga ORDER or the MEDAL since the ribbons were the same.

This is a case where it is simply not possible to tell from RIBBONS alone what the combination "means," since the possibilities are so variable.

3rd ribbon could be meant as either the Wilhemskreuz or a Charlottenkreuz, since the miniaturized stripes are neither the one nor the other (accurately) here. The 4th ribbon could be either an Olga ORDER or the MEDAL since the ribbons were the same.

This is a case where it is simply not possible to tell from RIBBONS alone what the combination "means," since the possibilities are so variable.

10-4. I was running under the assumption that this one had a Wilhemskreuz, which (I believe) would have gone after any orders - and from that assumed that it was the Karl Olga Medal and not the Olga Order.