News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medical Officer's Medal Bar

I picked this bar up within the last year from Heiko - not sure if he ever showed it off.

A bar to a Captain or Major who served from the late 1800s through the mid 1930s... he wears the ever interesting Black/White EK with Non Com HC combo as well as the bronze China-Denkmunze with FAUPING bar. The award at the end is, I think, a Weimar era DRK award. I am curious as to why he would wear this medical service award as compared to any other, especially given his rank and long career. Comments and feedback?

Posted in the wrong forum - perhaps a moderator can move it up? :cheers:

Edited by Brian R

Guest Rick Research

"Fouphing" was a purely army bar, for three separate engagements: 24 December 1900, 20 February through 8 March 1901, and 19 May 1901. It's difficult to track, since composite sub-units had to keep going back there as trouble flared up, but it was the last place where any fighting recognized by a "battle" bar occurred during the Boxer Rebellion.

So an RAO4 indicates he was either a very lucky Captain-equivalent before the war, or had been a Major-equivalent for a year or more before the war started.

From the distinctive (but moth munched :( ) backing, Godet made that bar. :beer: