News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

RK des KvK mit Oakleaves

Hello folks,

I just returned from the Max Show (2008) and two of the neatest things I saw were at the table of Jason B. They were prototypes for the RK des KvK mit Oakleaves in they were silver and gold with swords and were obtained from a veteran who picked them up at Klessheim. The oakleaves were different from the type worn on the RK des EK.

I looked at the crosses and do not doubt them being original. Did anyone else view these beauties? I guess these now have to be addded to the chain of the KvK family.

Regards,

Jody

Edited by JBeltram

I heard rumours of higher grades many years back so it's great to hear that evidence for their existence has finally emerged. Jason has a great history of digging up authentic Klessheim pieces.

Given that even with pieces where we have documented proof of their institution, and even press photos of test samples (Luftwaffe Seekampfabzeichen, Luftwaffe Nahkampfspange etc) there are those who consider them "fantasy" pieces I can just imagine the howls of derision in some quarters for pieces like these.!

Do you know if they were maker marked Jody ? I know that Zimmermann, Steinhauer and Deschler RK of the KVK pieces were all amongst the Klessheim haul.

I know now that the variant RK I showed in the book with the usual suspension was a Deschler prototype. Wouldn't suprise me if they were responsible for these others too.

Hi Gordon,

I was not able to examine the maker mark (I was able to examine them in their cases, out from behind the display case), but Dietrich M did look at them (at Jason's home) and he said the mark was unkown to him. I can say this the oakleaves were more flat and too me they seemed wider. The oakleaves (at least to me again) were simillar to examples found on some PLMs.

The crosses were beautiful and were finished identical to their standard RK des KvK brothers. To be honest, they were the neatest thing to me at the Max Show and I kept coming back to Jason's table to view them.

Sadly I was unable to photograph them. You would have loved to have seen them.

Regards,

Jody

• 2 weeks later...