News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

There's not enough to identify the owner, and no maker's markings either. The photos aren't sharp enough to show the pebbling on the front of the oaks, which don't seem to be all that common. Enjoy.

Les

Hi Les,

:jumping: That is most unusual and nice, very nice. :love: :love:

Looks like an RAO with oakleaves, next :unsure: (I will offer a very unusual possibility on this one) a W?rttemberg MMO, then an HHO and last (again out of the ordinary) a Russian St. Stanislas.

What do you think? :rock on:

Looks like an RAO with oakleaves, next :unsure: (I will offer a very unusual possibility on this one) a W?rttemberg MMO, then an HHO and last (again out of the ordinary) a Russian St. Stanislas.

What do you think? :rock on:

W.C.

I have color vision problems that make identification tough at times. the second ribbon is a very dark blue, almost black, and isn't a length of service ribbon (and isn't in the correct place for one). I think you're right on about the first three, and wasn't really sure what the last one was. A Russian Stanislas is very possible now that you mention it, and as a foreign award would take last place in the arrangement.

I'm wondering if this was worn by a civil servant/bureaucrat rather than someone in the military? Mr Rickee....any comments?

Les

Guest Rick Research

:jumping: :love::jumping::love::jumping::love:

Absolutely unbelievably lovely Red Eagle 2nd Class with Oakleaves lapel bow device-- a real tiny treasure.

I'd say-- and this is hard without anything "datable" that it's a Red Eagle 2 with Oakleaves, one of the Prussian Reserve Landwehr awards (LD1 or LD2), the 1848-49 Campaign Medal *** and a Russian Saint Stanislaus.

The last may have some trace of the yellow stripes that have faded to "white" if you peek inside the doubled ribbon lengths.

*** I think it's the 1848/49 medal and not the Principality of Hohenzollern Honor Cross because there is zero from any of the wars 1864-1871, and a reserve (or regular) officer couldn't have NOT had ANY of those. There is also no 1897 Centenary Medal, which makes me think perhaps this very senior civil servant had served around 1848 (probably the LD2 brooch) but was well into his civil career before 1866 and never served in uniform ofr those wars.

If this was a circa 1914 bow--I suspect it's more 1890s-- the wearer would be very unlikely to have done reserve service AFTER 1870 and reached RAO2mEL level.

This is an amazing little bow-- congratulations.