News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Leutnant Erhart H?ussler, Res.Inf.Rgt. 243

Hello.

I have a copy of death notice of above person (he fell 18.7.1918 near Fontenoy as leader of 8. company/Saxon Res.Inf.Rgt. 243) There it is mentioned that he was a knight of the St. Heinrichsorden. But in the book of Georg Richter: Der K?niglich S?chsische Milit?r-St. Heinrichsorden 1736-1918, he isn?t listed. Could it be, that he was a wearer of the St. Heinrichs-Medaille?

He still was wearing the Verdienstkreuz II. Klasse; Albrechtsorden II. Klasse and EK 2/EK 1. Could someone tell me the date of award?

Thanks

Stefan

Guest Rick Research

No, he only got the SV3bX and SA3bX. Maybe he had a Friedrich August Medal-- no lists for that.

But he had NOTHING of any grade of Saint Henry.

Maybe he had been proposed for it, but never processed or... they simply got it wrong back then.

Guest Rick Research

Ah... Ranglistensprache...

SV3bX = Merit Order Ritter 2 mit X: 6 October 1916 ,,Leutnant RIR 243"

SA3bX = Albert Ritter 2 mit X: 12.11.15 same rank and unit

Those are the rolls as printed by the late Erhard Roth. I do not know what the ORIGINALS look like. There are often VERY interesting remarks in the ,,Bemerkungen" columns that Herr Roth simply ignored. That is why Daniel and I include those comments in our rolls books.

Some day the Research Gnomes will get around to Saxony orrrrrrrr

:unsure:

how would YOU like to enlist as our Gnome In Saxony and see what is actually in the Army Archives in Dresden? :beer:

Roth got an AMAZING amount of personal detail on officers that is NOT in any source known to us...

so the potential for research in Saxony could be magnificent !!!!

how would YOU like to enlist as our Gnome In Saxony and see what is actually in the Army Archives in Dresden? :beer:

That sounds pretty good! It would be a great honour to me to help you in this way!! (since the files for IR 134 are nearly complete in Dresden while most of the other saxon infantry documents were destroyed!!) :)

I?m still working on my "IR 134 Offiziers-Stammliste " - particularly with the help of saxon ranklists - and a list for the fallen regimental-members.

Gru? Stefan :cheers:

Guest Rick Research

:jumping: :cheers:

Glenn from Hannover is over here now coordinating with the North American Research Gnomes, and Daniel Krause up in Potsdam is having computer problems at the moment, but I hope you three can get together for an exploration of the Dresden archives.

Award rolls... officer personnel files... if Erhard Roth found them, they must still be there! :cheers: