News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Magnificient ribbon bar

bolgarin

Erik,

It's a good thread to bring back up as not a lot of information exists on Japanese medal/ribbon bars.

What is interesting to me, is that the photo shows the same arrangement as the medal bar posted (except the addition of the Showa Enthonement Medal to the bar) and it has the 1914-1920 campaign medal but not the WW1 Victory Medal. I was always under the impression that a bar would have both and not one without the other, but the Victory Medal wasn't authorized until 1920, so was the photo taken prior to that medal coming out?

I have seen what appear to be genuine period bars with only the 1914-20 campaign medal on them before and often wonder about this point.

The other point I have centers on the inconsistencies I see when mounting the Tashio Enthronement Medal; sometimes I see it before the WW1 medals and sometimes after. Not sure here as the enthronement medals would seem to be "lower" in precedence, but if mounted as they were earned, then the medal would come first as it was awarded in 1915.

Lots of "little" questions. :whistle:

Tim

Edited by Tim B

• 2 months later...

what's the medal ribbon in the middle-on Noors' ribbon bars?

I just picked up one in a shoe box (very faded) that has the same medal. It's the same as the bottom one in picture #1!

Thanks,

what's the medal ribbon in the middle-on Noors' ribbon bars?

I just picked up one in a shoe box (very faded) that has the same medal. It's the same as the bottom one in picture #1!

Thanks,

Ah! Never mind. I have just answered my own question after going to google images.

Neat little bar I got:

Order of Rising Sun (7th/8th class?)/Order of sacred treasure (7th/8th class?) China Incident medal 1931-34: China Incident medal 1937-45: red cross medal. I assume some sort of NCO.