News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dr. Rudolf Mosaner

Komtur

This small group belongs to Dr. Rudolf Mosaner, as the dealer told me, he found him in Austrian rank lists as Linienschiffsarzt der Reserve, born in 1877, after the war Bezirksarzt of Lienz.

Can anyone help with the Austrian Milit?rschematismus?

Best regards, Komtur.

Guest Rick Research

While extraordinary-- an ?EK3X without an ?M3K !!!!-- it is, alas, not Dr. Mosaner's group. :(

He is shown in the 1916 Navy List (actually end of 1915) as LinSchArzt dR, date of rank 01.01.09 BUT with date entered service as 13.12.98. His only award as of 1915 was the 1908 Military Jubilee Cross. He would have had to be on military duty 02.12.98 for the 1898 Jubilee Medal.

Like most of the reserve doctors, he has a "B." on his entry which stands for "Berufsofffiziere"-- I don't know HOW he could be both statuses at the same time.

I can't copy the entry since it is a small, tightly bound book with dry brown fragile paper pages.

Sorry Rick for the late answer, but I wanted to wait, what the dealer says about your opinion. As far as I know, he is serious. He wrote, there is no doubt, it is Mosaners bar. It came from his familiy and there where pictures with him and the bar, but they don?t want to sell or to copy them. Additionaly he told me, the Jubilee Medal 1898 was also in WW1 often given to officers on different occasions. There were no documents and no lists about these awards, so it is not unusual, not to find this medal in the official lists.

I think, I can trust him and leave it as the Mosaner-bar in my collection.

Best regards, Komtur.

Almanach f?r die k. und k. Kriegsmarine 1918:

Guest Rick Research

Yup, that's what I have only the earlier editions and can't copy. What is the actual date on the 1918 edition? If, like mine, it is actually December of the previous year-- then he got his ?EK3X and SLBX between December 1915 and December 1917. :Cat-Scratch:

Extraordinary-- I can't even IMAGINE what a surgeon received an Iron Crown X for--you've got to get his Belohnungsantrag from the Kriegsarchiv!!!!! I assume the naval personnel records must still be in Vienna somewhere, but I never had any reason to go look for navy records.

Note the 1918 ALSO confirms that he was NOT entitled to the 1898 Jubilee, only the 1908 Jubilee. He may have WORN it... but it wasn't official for him to do so-- just like his self-awarded M1873 War Medal..

I hope somebody can explain the (to me) weird "Berufsoffizier" abbreviation next to reserve doctors-- ??? full time part time status... in which case, why no long service award?

• 4 years later...

This group was discussed here before, but I could not find the thread. As I remember there were some doubts about it. Could this person please be checked by the new source Glenn found, the KuK 1918 Jahrbuch für Militärärzte?

Thanks, Komtur.