News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help identifying these medals please

Guest Rick Research

The red ribboned one with the flimsy pin is for a Laureate of the USSR Council of Ministers Prize.

The other three are for varying degrees of prizes at the annual USSR trade fairs. The green ribboned ones appear to be from the 1960s while the wine colored ribbon design replaced the deoderant commercial obverse type flapping wheat sheaves overhead (something as an occasional farm boy I must say is NOT recommended :rolleyes: ).

The red ribboned one with the flimsy pin is for a Laureate of the USSR Council of Ministers Prize.

The other three are for varying degrees of prizes at the annual USSR trade fairs. The green ribboned ones appear to be from the 1960s while the wine colored ribbon design replaced the deoderant commercial obverse type flapping wheat sheaves overhead (something as an occasional farm boy I must say is NOT recommended :rolleyes: ).

Thanks Rick. Is there any collector value or interest in these type of soviet medals?

Garth

Guest Rick Research

Both. :rolleyes:

I am no good at guessing what things sell for these days-- the retail market is insane and like the stock market varies day to day.

I know we had a big thread on the economic competition prize medals, which I will attempt to find and will link below. Now dim memory recalls that big Xs on the tractor grills--if no serial numbers on the medsals--may be late 1950s.

I can't recall the Council Of Ministers coming up before, so you should start a new thread for that-- maybe somebody will be able to date it from the serial number.

Ah, here it is, found by search on "Exhibition"--

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=8258&hl=Exhibition